How can we improve SafeZoneApp?

Allow reporting of non-emergency incidents

If it's not emergent, we could send a text message to security to define the situation. Like a snake passing by or there is a fight or something like that

89 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ye LiYe Li shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael YewellMichael Yewell commented  · 

I see this thread was started in 2014.
        Reporting non-urgent matters would be useful or even just having the security contact number posted.
        Example: there is an older man on campus who I've noticed hanging around for the past few weeks. He's always just meandering around the grounds with no obvious purpose. I'd like to report him to security.

• Brendan ErskineBrendan Erskine commented  · 

I agree this is a great idea! Consider an alert is triggered. Is it a paper cut, or has someone collapsed? Is it a suspicious package or a punch up? You don't know until you get there.

What if in the mean time, the app opened a chat window automatically and said this:

UOW: Someone is on the way. Can you tell me what is wrong?

The user is prompted for more information while a response is in progress. More information may help prioritise and determine to engage emergency services:

User: He's not breathing. He looks blue.
        UOW: Ok. An ambulance is coming and extra security staff on their way.

Early intervention via instruction could also be achieved:

User: He's slumped forward in the chair. Hurry!
        UOW: I need your help. Sit the person up and tilt their head back to open their airway.
        User: Ok. He's breathing now.
        UOW: Well done. Stay with them until we arrive.

Important information was gleamed very quickly about the problem, extra resources were assigned early and external parties engaged early.

• Amelia KellyAmelia Kelly commented  · 

this option is important so students can report noise and study disruptions like the music festival currently at city west making it impossible to study and work in the dorrit black building.

• Ayedh AlshammaryAyedh Alshammary commented  · 

Sometimes we need to send a quick question or any other short message to the security team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base