The check-ins screen allows you to send a geo-targeted message to a number of checked-in users simultaneously. To get to the Check-Ins screen, click on Check-Ins at the top of the screen.
The Check-Ins feature of Command allows you to:
The orange box on-screen represents the geographic area you would like to communicate with called the “Muster Zone”. This zone stays centred on the screen.
The Muster Zone can be moved by either:
- Clicking and dragging the background map to the required location;
- Opening the Search bar, using the magnifying glass icon, entering a location and pressing the Enter / Return key.
- Clicking on the Regions drop-down menu (in the toolbar) and selecting the required one to centre on-screen.
You can increase this area by zooming out with the map controls or narrow the area by zooming in.
Sending a Geo-targeted notification
Once you have positioned the Muster Zone, you can capture the Muster List:
- Click on Capture Muster List from the left-hand pane.
- The Muster List will list all the users who are currently checked-in to SafeZone.
- If you want to clear the Muster List, click on Clear to clear the Muster List.
Clearing the Muster List is necessary if you want to update the list of users in the muster zone. Once the users have been cleared out, you can then click on Capture Muster List to get an updated list.
- To create a notification message, click on Notify.
- If you would like to send the notification to select individuals, use the check-box next to the person(s) name or to select all (If sending to all users in the Muster List, check-boxes do not need to be ticked).
- Enter in the Title (Optional) and the Message into the box. The Message has a limit of 213 characters. If you do go above this limit you will receive an error message when trying to send the message.
- If you want to play a sound on the user's device, tick the check-box for Play alert sound.
- Click Submit to confirm and send the message or exit without sending by clicking Cancel.
Did you know you can send geo-located push messages to users who are not checked-in to SafeZone? This is possible through the Send a blank message feature in the Notify menu.
For instructions on how to send a blank notification message, please see the guide on Send a Notification