If you have enabled the Tip Reporting feature in the Global Settings, SafeZone users can report incidents/tips on campus for issues like:
- Mental Health;
- Suspicious Activity;
- and more
For instructions on how to enable the Tip Reporting feature please view the guide here - Global Settings - Tip Reporting
Once Tip Reporting has been enabled, the Tips menu will appear in Command at the top of the screen (Tips do not appear in OmniGuard). The number in parentheses specifies how many Tips are currently open in the system.
Once a tip is reported by a SafeZone user the menu will show how many Tips have been reported (the default is 0 as per the screenshot above)
To view the reported Tips:
- Click on the Tips menu at the top of the screen. This will open up the list of open Tips.
- Click on the tip report to open up the tip.
As per the screenshot above, the report will contain details of the tip such as:
- the date and time of the report;
- the details of the user who reported the tip (can be blank if the user chose to submit the tip anonymously;
- the category of the tip being reported;
- any messages that the user has added to the tip including any photos of the tip being reported;
- a map showing the location of the tip being reported;
- To resolve the tip, click on Resolve Tip.
The Resolve Tip window will appear allowing you to provide a resolution for the tip.
- To close the tip, click on Save changes, otherwise click on Cancel.
- Once the tip has been resolved it will appear in the Closed Tips list.
- Click on the tip you wish to re-open to display the tip details
- To re-open the tip, click on Re-open Tip and it will appear in the Open tips list.