The Wellbeing Assistance feature allows you to add the Wellbeing Assistance button to the SafeZone home screen which can be used by individuals from your organisation to access resources such as wellbeing hotlines, 24/7 callback service, access to a counsellor via email, your organisation's wellbeing website and more.
Once the wellbeing button has been enabled on your site, SafeZone users can access the wellbeing assistance options by tapping on the Wellbeing Assistance button in the SafeZone App.
The button can be configured to present multiple options to your general community and can also be configured to have different options depending on:
- the region the individual is in
- the user group the individual is a member of
- as well as any schedules that you have created in the Schedules feature.
For instructions on how to create schedules for use with the wellbeing assistance, please see the user guide page on
This page covers the following topics:
- Wellbeing Assistance
- Wellbeing Assistance Packages
- Reordering Packages
- Enabling the wellbeing button for SafeZone
To view the Wellbeing Assistance settings:
- Click on Admin -> Wellbeing Assistance.
The wellbeing assistance packages configured for your organisation will display here.
The Wellbeing Assistance feature will be disabled in your site by default. In order to enable the feature you will need to configure a general Wellbeing Assistance Package for 'Anyone' | 'Any Location' | 'Any Time' - this wellbeing assistance package will be available to all users in your organisation.
Wellbeing Assistance Packages
A Wellbeing Assistance Package allows you to configure options for wellbeing for a SafeZone user. These options can range from:
- A link to a website
- A phone number
- An email
- A tip report
- A wellbeing responder chat (see here for a separate article on this)
The assistance packages can then be tailored to individuals depending on:
- The region or region group that users are in
- The needs of a group of people or an individual
- The time of day
Example 1: A university has campuses in London, Los Angeles, Singapore and Brisbane. Each campus has a different number for wellbeing. Janine frequently travels between the London and Los Angeles campuses and the button to call for wellbeing assistance should program itself to the local number for the city she is in.
Example 2: Michaela has a disability and her case has been assigned to a counsellor who can assist her with her needs. Her Wellbeing Assistance Package will provide her with:
- The counsellor's direct line
- The counsellor's email address
- Her charity's website
Example 3: An organisation employs a wellbeing team to work in the office from 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday. Outside of these hours the wellbeing button changes to provide different options for calling a mental health hotline which is provided by a charity.
To create a Wellbeing Assistance Package:
- Click on Add Assistance Package
- Configuring a Wellbeing Assistance Package is covered in two parts:
- Wellbeing Communications Options
Wellbeing Communication Options
The Wellbeing Communication Options that are configured for this assistance package will be presented to the SafeZone user when they press the Wellbeing Assistance button in the SafeZone App. A maximum of 6 options can be displayed to the SafeZone user.
By default, no options are configured.
To add an option:
- Click on Add Option. The Create New Option window will appear.
- Under Type, select the communication type
Email - This option requires you to add an email address
Link - This option requires you to add a URL
Call - This option requires you to add a phone number (mobile or landline)
SMS - This option requires you to add a mobile number
- Under Icon, you can choose the icon to display for this option (or None if you do not require an icon)
- Under Label, enter the label for the option which could be the name of the service that you are providing (eg: "Safer Communities Hotline") and will be what is displayed to end-users
- The last option will depend on which Type you have selected in step 2. Enter in the details for the communication option in here (eg email address, mobile phone, URL etc.).
- Click on Save to save your changes, otherwise click on Cancel to cancel adding the option
- The Wellbeing Communication Option should now appear in the Wellbeing Communications Options list
- To add additional options, repeat steps 1-6. If you have added 6 communication options, a message will display to inform you that there is a maximum of 6 options at which point, the Add Option button will be disabled.
The options you have configured above will then be available to the SafeZone users. By default, the availability of the options will be set to 'Any location' | 'Any user' | 'Any time'. Using the default availability means this package will then be set as the general package available to all users at your organisation at any time across all your regions.
You can set up a custom availability to present the package for different regions (as per their region group), different users (based on the user groups they are members of) and different times (based on the schedules that have been created in the Schedules feature).
To set up the availability of the package:
- For the 'Where are these options available' field, select which Region Group the package is available to (please note only one region group can be selected)
Important: this feature relies on regions that are assigned to a region group.
For instructions on how to set up region groups, please see the user guide page on
- For the 'Who are they available to' field, select which User Group the package is available to (please note only one user group can be selected)
Important: this feature relies on users that are members of a user group.
For instructions on how to set up user groups, please see the user guide page on
- For the 'When are they available' field, select which Schedule the package is assigned to (only one schedule can be selected). For more information on setting up a schedule, please click here.
Important: this feature relies on Schedules that have been configured in the Schedules feature.
- Your changes will be saved automatically.
The packages are arranged in a list with the packages at the top set at a higher priority than the ones at the bottom.
There may be a need to Reorder the packages so that the packages you want to present as a priority appear higher up the list. This could be due to a user who is a member of 2 different user groups may need to see a higher priority package when they tap on the Wellbeing Assistance button.
To reorder the packages:
- Click on Reorder packages
- Use the dots button to drag the packages into their priority
- Click on Save to save your changes or click on Cancel to cancel
Enabling the wellbeing button for SafeZone
Once you have created the Wellbeing Assistance Packages, the Wellbeing button can then be enabled on the SafeZone App.
To enable the Wellbeing button:
- Click on the SafeZone App Settings link in the Wellbeing button section on the Wellbeing Assistance page
Click on Admin -> Zone Configuration -> SafeZone App Settings
- Under the Wellbeing button section, click on Enable
- The Wellbeing Assistance button will appear in the SafeZone App.