Configuring the Alert Escalation Rules in the Region Group editor page allows you to specify a workflow for alerts that are raised from SafeZone when the user is in a region that is part of a region group. Configuring Alert Escalation Rules here can be done whether or not you have created Alert Escalation workflows in the Global Settings - Alert Escalation Workflow.
Important: Alert Escalation Workflows that are configured in the Region Group level take precedence over the Global Settings - Alert Escalation Workflows.
It is recommended to test out the alert escalation workflows to a small group of users before enabling it across your user base.
The workflow for alert escalations is outlined below
By default, Alert Escalation is set to use the Default Alert Escalation Rules which is inherited from the Global Settings - Alert Escalation Workflow
To configure alert escalation rules for the region group:
- Click on Add New Rule
- Under Escalate Active Alerts To: select the region group which will receive the escalated alert
- You can specify how many seconds will lapse after the alert is raised in the after: seconds field.
- Multiple escalations can be added by clicking on Add New Rule and repeating Steps 2-3 above.
- You can adjust the order of the alert escalations by clicking and dragging the rule into its correct position.
- Click on Save Changes to save your changes, otherwise click on Discard Changes.
- If you need to delete any escalation rules, click on Delete