Notification Template Categories allow you to organise your Notification Templates into groups to make it easier to locate on screen. Template Categories also allow you to create substitution tags to your templates to reduce the creation of multiple notifications by adding drop-down menus, for example:
"There is a <incident> at <campus>. Please check-in on SafeZone and proceed to <location>"
where you can add a drop-down menu for <incident> type, <campus> and <location>.
Pre-requisite: In order to create Template Categories you will need to have Notification Administrator enabled in your user permissions. Please refer to the Editing user permissions user guide or speak to your SafeZone Command administrator to give you access.
To set up Notification Template Categories:
- Click on Admin -> Notifications -> Template Categories (the screenshot below is for demonstration purposes only)
- To create a new template category, click on Add a new Template Category.
- A new category will appear called "New Category", click on New Category to edit the category.
In the steps below, we will go through the steps to create a category called "Emergency" with substitution tags for "Incident"
- In the "Category Name" field enter in the name for your category. You can also add in a description for the category under "Category Description" (optional)
- To create the Notification category without any substitution tags, click on Save
- If you wish to add substitution tags to your template category, please see the guide below on substitution tags
- To create Substitution tags for the category click on Add a new tag.
- Enter in the substitution tag name in "Name" and you can enter in the values that will appear in the drop-down menu. Click on Add a new value for each value in the drop-down menu. To remove any existing substitution tags click on Remove.
- To add an additional substitution tag with its own drop-down values, click on Add a new tag.
- To delete the substitution tag from the template category, click on Remove tag. You will be presented with a prompt to confirm the deletion of the substitution tag.
- To permanently remove the substitution tag click on Remove tag. By doing so, any templates that use the tag will not have any text substituted where it was used. Otherwise, click on Cancel.
- Click on Save to save your category.
- To delete your category click on Delete Category. You will be presented with a prompt to confirm the deletion of the category
- To confirm deletion of the template category, click on Delete Category otherwise click on Cancel.