If you are viewing this page through the Feedback menu on the OmniGuard App, images on the page might not display correctly on your device. You can tap here to open up in a separate browser window - this will take you out of the OmniGuard app. Use your device's back button to return to OmniGuard.
Situations may arise where you or your fellow security responder(s) may find themselves in need of assistance from other responders. This could be due to:
- a large number of alerts happening at the same time in their vicinity;
- a large group of violent or hostile people involved in a situation (brawl, large group of vandals etc)
- multiple people needing immediate first aid assistance;
OmniGuard allows you to enable Duress mode on your device to alert fellow responders that you need assistance at your location.
To enable Duress mode:
- Tap on the Menu button in the top left;
- Enable Duress mode by toggling the switch to the right;
- The OmniGuard main screen will display the Duress mode active banner at the top of the screen;
- An alert will be raised in OmniGuard and Command alerting others in your team that you need assistance;
Important: enabling Duress mode will also raise an alert on your own device. The alert will also play the default alert sound. If you are in a situation where you should not make others aware of your location, it is recommended you turn the volume off on your device so that the alert sound does not play from your device.
- Once your alert has been acknowledged by the response team or control centre, you will see the status of your alert changed to Acknowledged
- Once the alert has been resolved the banner at the top of the OmniGuard screen will change to Duress mode resolved
This message will remain on screen until you have disabled Duress mode on your device
- Disable Duress mode by toggling the switch to the left