Alert resolution categories provide responders with the ability to resolve an alert with a relevant, pre-defined closing note. This note is logged in the system database for future review.
The system will come with its own pre-defined categories (Resolved, False alarm, Other) however, these can be amended to suit your organisation.
To view the Alert Resolution Categories, click Admin -> Zone Configuration -> Global Settings -> Alert Resolution Categories. Here you can:
Add New Category
To add a new resolution category:
- Click on Add New Category.
- Enter the name of the category you would like to use (eg. "First Aid Officer called"). You can also modify the name of any existing categories by editing the name of the category in the text field.
- Click Save Changes to save and close the editor menu, otherwise click on Cancel to discard.
A message will appear confirming the successful update and your new category will appear in the list of resolution categories.
- Additional categories can be added by clicking the Add New Category button again and repeating steps 1-3 above.
The Alert Resolution Categories list can also be modified.
To edit the categories:
- Click the Edit Categories button.
- Editing the categories allows you to:
- Rename the existing categories by editing the text in the resolution category's text box;
- Enable / Disable a category using the Enabled checkbox.
Note: unchecking leaves it in the menu but hides it from the list shown to responders;
- Delete a category using the Delete button;
- Click Save Changes to save and close the editor menu, otherwise click on Discard Changes to discard.
Changing the order of Categories
The order of the categories can be adjusted by clicking and holding onto the alert resolution category bar and dragging the alert category bar into its desired position. You can also click and hold onto the re-order icon to the left of the category name . This is useful for putting the important categories towards the top of the list.