Alert resolution categories provide responders the ability to resolve an alert with a relevant, pre-defined closing note. This note is logged in the system database for future review.
The system will come with its own pre-defined categories (Resolved, False alarm, Other) however, these can be amended to suit your organisation.
To access the Alert Resolution Categories, click Admin -> Zone Configuration -> Global Settings -> Alert Resolution Categories
Add New Category
To add your own resolution categories:
- Click Add New Category;
- Enter the name of the category you would like to use (eg. "Police called"). You can also modify the name of any existing categories by editing the name of the category in the text field;
- Click Save Changes to save your changes;
A message will appear confirming the successful update and your new category will be shown with the defaults which were provided with the system.
Additional categories can be added by clicking the Add New Category button again and repeating steps 1-3 above.
This list can also be amended by clicking the Edit Categories button. After clicking this button, you can:
- Rename the existing categories selecting the relevant text box;
- Enable / Disable a category using the Enabled checkbox. (Note: unchecking leaves it in the menu but hides it from the list shown to responders);
- Delete a category using the Delete button;
Changing the order of Categories
The order of the categories can be adjusted using the vertical-arrow button to the left of each category name. This is useful for putting the important categories towards the top of the list.
Click and hold on the button and you can drag the category into its desired position.