The Help, First Aid and Duress Alert Settings area allows you to configure the button behaviour for the 3 alert buttons in the SafeZone app:
- Help Alert (blue button);
- First Aid Alert (green button);
- Emergency Alert/Duress (red button);
To view the Alert Settings for Help, First Aid or Duress, click Admin -> Zone Configuration -> Global Settings and then select the required menu.
Since the menus for Help Alerts, First Aid Alerts, and Duress Alerts are configured in the same way, the configuration steps below will apply to the configuration of all the menus. The screenshots below will demonstrate how to configure the Help Alert button.
You can configure the buttons to behave exactly the same way to each other ie. all buttons set to dial the same number or you can configure each button to work differently.
Tip: Did you know it is possible to configure the buttons to behave differently when a user enters a region that is assigned to a Region Group? This feature is handy if your organisation has responder groups in different regions that have specific call numbers for their region.
Example: Your organisation has an office in Sydney and an office in Hong Kong. When you raise an alert whilst in the Sydney office and press the Call Security button, your call is directed to the Sydney response team. From time to time, you travel to the Hong Kong office for work. As soon as you enter the geofence for the Hong Kong office, SafeZone automatically configures the buttons to call through to the Hong Kong response team.
For instructions on how to set up the alert settings behaviour in a Region Group, please see the guide on Region Groups - Help, First Aid and Duress Call Settings
To configure the Help Alert Settings:
- Click on Help Alert Settings to expand the menu;
- Click on Edit;
- OmniGuard mobile sound
You can configure the alert behaviour on the OmniGuard App:
- Silent with Vibrate;
- Alert sound behaviour
You can configure the alert behaviour on OmniGuard Command:
- Play Once;
- Loop Continuously (which loops the alarm sound until a responder (Command/OmniGuard) user clicks/taps on Acknowledge);
- Phone Number
You can program the phone number that should be called on SafeZone in the event of an alert on that button type. The Help, First Aid and Emergency buttons can be configured to go to different numbers, or the same number, as required.
Important: When entering the number, you should ensure you are using the full telephone number including the international prefix (+1 for USA, +44 for UK, +61 for Australia etc)
- Button Behaviour
You can configure what happens when an alert is pressed. The drop-down menu options can be configured to:
- Raise an alert in OmniGuard (and SafeZone Command);
- Call the configured number (from the Phone Number setting above);
- Call emergency services (911, 999, 000 or the country's relevant emergency services number where the alert was raised - SafeZone automatically knows which number to dial);
- Button Text
Your organisation may have a different title for the response team that is assigned to a particular button. If alternative text is preferred in one of the SafeZone app buttons, enter the button text here (e.g. changing “Help” to “Welfare” or "Covid19")
- Delay before escalation to global responders
If alerts are not responded to by responders in the same region group as the alarm, there is the option to escalate the alert to all active responders from all region groups. The time to wait before the alert is escalated is set here. If the box is left blank or "0" is entered in, the alert will never escalate to the global responder group.
- Other Alert Settings
There are a number of other options which can be enabled by ticking the checkbox. You can configure the setting to:
- Prompt to call emergency services before raising the alert - Enabling this feature allows a prompt to appear on the SafeZone user's app which prompts them to call Emergency Services after raising the alert;
- Automatically call <the configured number> after raising an alert - Enabling this feature will automatically call the number (configured in Phone Number) after the alert is raised;
- Use these settings when an alert is raised outside a region - Enabling this feature allows SafeZone app users to raise the alert even if outside a SafeZone region;
- Click Save Changes to save and close the editor menu, otherwise click on Discard Changes to discard.