The Help, First Aid and Duress Alert Settings area allows you to configure the button behaviour for the 3 alert buttons in the SafeZone app:
- Help Alert (blue button);
- First Aid Alert (green button);
- Emergency Alert/Duress (red button);
To access the Alert Settings for Help, First Aid or Duress, click Admin –> Zone Configuration -> Global Settings and then select the required menu.
Since the menus for Help Alerts, First Aid Alerts, and Duress Alerts are configured in the same way, the description below will apply to the configuration of all the menus. The screenshots below will demonstrate how to configure the Help Alert button.
Click on Edit to make changes to the Help Alert Settings.
OmniGuard mobile sound
This menu configures the sound that plays in OmniGuard mobile when there is an alert:
- Silent with Vibrate; or
Alert sound behaviour
This menu configures whether the alerts in OmniGuard Command:
- Play Once;
- Loop Continuously (which loops the alarm sound until a responder (Command/OmniGuard) user clicks on Acknowledge);
This is the number which should be called by SafeZone in the event of an alert on that button type. The Help, First Aid and Emergency buttons can be configured to go to different numbers, or the same number, as required.
When entering the number, you should ensure you are using the full telephone number including the international prefix (+1 for USA, +44 for UK, +61 for Australia etc)
This setting configures what happens when an alert is pressed. The drop-down menu options are to:
- Raise an alert in OmniGuard (and SafeZone Command);
- Call the configured number (from the Phone Number setting above);
- Call emergency services (911, 999, 000 or the country's relevant emergency services number where the alert was raised);
Your organisation may have a different title for the response team that is assigned to a particular button. If alternative text is preferred in one of the SafeZone app buttons, it can be configured here (e.g. changing “Help” to “Welfare”)
Delay before escalation to global responders
If alerts are not responded to by responders in the same region group as the alarm, there is the option to escalate the alert to all active responders from all region groups. The time to wait before the alert is escalated is set here. If the box is left blank or "0" is entered in, the alert will never escalate to the global responder group.
Other Alert Settings
There are a number of other options which can be enabled by ticking the checkbox. These options are:
- Prompt to call emergency services before raising the alert - Enabling this feature allows a prompt to appear on the SafeZone user's app which prompts them to call Emergency Services after raising the alert.
- Automatically call <the configured number> after raising an alert - Enabling this feature will automatically call the number (configured in Phone Number) after the alert is raised.
- Use these settings when an alert is raised outside a region - Enabling this feature allows SafeZone app users to raise the alert even if outside a SafeZone region.
Click Save Changes to accept or Discard Changes to cancel.