In order for vehicles and buses to share their location SafeZone, you will need to create and register an account for a vehicle or bus in Command. Once the account has been created, the driver of the vehicle/bus can log in to SafeTrans which will then allow their vehicle to be visible in Command.
An added benefit of adding buses into SafeZone is that the buses and bus routes can be visible on the SafeZone app which allows your SafeZone users to see when the bus is approaching.
To register a vehicle:
- Click on Admin -> Users -> Register Vehicle User
- Enter in the email address for the vehicle. This will be used as the login email when the driver logs into SafeTrans
- Create a password in the Password field and confirm the password in the Confirm Password field for the vehicle. You will need to provide this password to anyone who is driving the vehicle/bus.
- Entering the vehicle’s name into the Given Name and Family Name fields will display the information in the User Details window in Command. The name fields are required fields.
- Entering the mobile phone number into the Mobile field will display the mobile number in the User Details window in Command.
- Under Asset Type, click on the drop-down and select the vehicle type:
- Vehicles share their location with Command and OmniGuard users (i.e. control room operators and responders)
- Buses share their location with all users, including anyone with the SafeZone app. This live information appears on the SafeZone app in the “Buses” section of the menu.
- Once you have entered in the details for the vehicle, click on Submit to register the vehicle user.
- If any fields have been entered incorrectly, you will receive an error message informing you of what needs to be corrected
- If all of the fields have been entered correctly, you will see the Registration successful message appear at the top
- You can then view the details of the vehicle that you have created by clicking on Admin -> Zone Configuration -> Vehicles. The vehicle will be added as an "Unlabelled Vehicle" under Mobile Devices.
For more information on Vehicles, please see the guide on Vehicles