The Register User menu is used to pre-register individuals to SafeZone and invite them to download the app. Users who are using the OmniGuard App (Security responders) and/or the Command website (Control room operators) must complete their registration through the SafeZone App.
It can be also used as a way to invite users to the system who cannot register themselves (if they do not have an email address linked to the company or university which runs the system)
To register an individual user:
- Click on Admin -> Users -> Register User;
- Under Registration Type, click on the drop-down menu and select the option for SafeZone or OmniGuard. Select OmniGuard for responders using the OmniGuard App or users who need access to SafeZone Command.
Important: Once a user has been registered for OmniGuard, they will be able to respond to alerts through the OmniGuard app. The user may also be able to view the users’ contact details in the system. It is not possible to change the user back to a SafeZone user. If you have made an error when registering the user, it is recommended to delete and re-create the user in the system. Alternatively, you can change the user’s permissions to allow the user to not see any alerts and user records. For more information, please see the guide on Editing user permissions
- Enter in the email address for the user in the Email field. The email is required as it is the primary key for a database record and is used for account verification.
- You can enter in the Given Name and Family Name into the respective fields. Leaving the name fields blank will require the user to complete those fields when they register in SafeZone.
- In the Mobile field, enter in the mobile number in E.164 international format beginning with the country code (i.e. +44 71234 567889 / +61 123 456 789). Leaving the mobile field blank will require the user to add their mobile number when they register in SafeZone.
- If your organisation has requested the addition of extra profile fields such as Medical Condition, Student Number etc, you can also populate these on behalf of the user.
The profile fields are also visible and editable by the user when they open up their user profile in SafeZone.
- Once you have added the user’s details, click on Submit to register the user in the system.
- If any fields have been entered incorrectly, you will receive an error message informing you of what needs to be corrected
- If all of the fields have been entered correctly, you will see the Registration successful message appear at the top