The Register User menu allows Command admins to add users individually whereas the Pre-Registrations tool allows you to add multiple users through an Excel spreadsheet using a Template which you can download from SafeZone.
The benefits of pre-registering users are:
- adding multiple users at a time;
- having the users' details in the system for sending out notifications via email and/or SMS even if they have not registered for SafeZone;
- sending out reminder emails to users if they have not yet registered their account for SafeZone;
- maintaining a searchable database of pre-registered users;
Important: It is not possible to pre-register users and give them access to OmniGuard at the same time. If your organisation is trying to add multiple responders to have OmniGuard access it is better to use the API integration or you will need to register . For more information about the API integration, please speak to your Customer Success Manager.
This page covers the following topics:
To view the pre-registrations list, click on Admin -> Users -> Pre-Registrations
The list of pre-registered users here works in the same way as the User List with the difference being that only pre-registered users are shown in the list. Clicking on a user's name allows you to edit a pre-registered user's details in the system.
To Export the list of pre-registered users in the system:
- Click on the in the top right to export
- An Excel spreadsheet will download to your computer
Under the Tasks menu, you have the option to
Import Users from Excel
To import users from Excel:
- Click on Import Users From Excel
- The Import Users screen will appear
- SafeZone requires you to use the template spreadsheet that the software provides in order to do the upload correctly. Click on Download Template to download the template to your computer.
- Complete the Excel spreadsheet by filling in the users' email addresses and other information such as their given name, family name and mobile number.
Pre-filling this information in will mean that the user does not have to enter this information when they complete their registration.
The email address is a required field however if both the "email" and "mobile_phone" number fields are completed, the user(s) can be sent notifications through email and SMS even if the user(s) have not completed their SafeZone registration.
Note: Mobile Phone numbers should be added in E.164 format so +12345678910 for US +447123456789 for UK numbers +6123456789 for Australia, etc.
A sample spreadsheet will look similar to the screenshot below:
- Once you have completed and saved the Excel file, click on Choose File
- Select the Excel spreadsheet from your computer
- Click on Upload Spreadsheet to upload the users into SafeZone.
- A confirmation screen will let you know how many users it has found are valid
- Under the Add Users to the Following User Groups menu, you can add the users to a user group(s)
- Click on the Add users to these group(s) drop-down menu to display the list of user groups in SafeZone
type into the field to search for the user group (partial word searches will display any user group names that match)
- You can add multiple user groups if the users are members of multiple user groups
- Click on Import XX Users to import the users.
- You may get errors when uploading the spreadsheet.
Common errors include:
- incorrect email format
- incorrect mobile number format
- Click on Download Errors to download the users with errors into an Excel file.
- Correct the errors in the spreadsheet and repeat steps 4-12 to upload the users into SafeZone
- Alternatively, you can add the valid users to the user groups as per steps 10-11 above
- Click on Import XX Users to import the valid users to the group
Send Invitation and Reminder Emails
Pre-registered users are not sent the invitation or reminder emails to register for SafeZone after they have been added using the Import Users from Excel steps outlined above. The Send Invitation and Reminder Emails button will allow you to send the invitation and reminder emails to the email addresses in SafeZone inviting or reminding them to complete their SafeZone registration.
- New user - a new user is an email address that has been added into Command and has never been sent an invitation email. The email this user receives is generated from the "New account invitation" email template.
- Existing user - an existing user is an email address that has been added into Command and has been sent an invitation email previously. The email this user receives is generated from the "New account reminder" email template.
The emails that are sent out to users are generated from the Global Settings - Email Templates configuration page.
Tip: The User List Bulk Actions feature allows you to send invitation and reminder emails to a list of users that you can select (up to a maximum of 100 email addresses at a time). This may be useful if you do not want to send emails to all of the pre-registered users in the list.
For more information on the Bulk Actions feature please see the user guide on User List - Bulk Action
To send the invitation and reminder emails:
- Click on Send Invitation and Reminder Emails
- The Send Email Invitations screen will appear
By default, Invite new users is selected
- To invite new users, click on Send
- To send a reminder to existing users tick the check-box for Remind existing users (you can send invitations to new users, remind existing users or both)
- In the Days since last reminder field, you can specify which users receive a reminder email by entering in the number of days since they received their last reminder email (the minimum is 7)
- Click on Send to send the invitation and/or reminder emails.