The Register User menu allows Command admins to add users individually whereas the Pre-Registrations tool allows you to add multiple users through an Excel spreadsheet using a Template which you can download from SafeZone.
The benefits of pre-registering users are:
- adding multiple users at a time;
- having the users' details in the system for sending out notifications via email and/or SMS even if they have not registered for SafeZone;
- sending out reminder emails to users if they have not yet registered their account for SafeZone;
- maintaining a searchable database of pre-registered users;
To view the pre-registrations list, click on Admin -> Users -> Pre-Registrations
Under the Tasks menu, you have the option to
Import Users from Excel
To import users from Excel:
- Click on Import Users From Excel
- You will need to use the Excel template that SafeZone provides by clicking on Download Template. A sample spreadsheet will look similar to the screenshot below:
- The email address is a required field however if both the "email" and "mobile_phone" number fields are completed, the user(s) can be sent notifications through email and SMS even if the user(s) have not completed their SafeZone registration.
- Once you have completed the Excel file, click on Choose File
- Select the Excel spreadsheet from your computer;
- Click on Upload Spreadsheet to upload the users into SafeZone.
- A confirmation screen will let you know how many users it has found are valid
- Click on Import XX Users to import the users.
- You may get errors when uploading the spreadsheet.
Common errors include:
- incorrect email format
- incorrect mobile number format
- Click on Download Errors to download the users with errors into an Excel file.
- Correct the errors in the spreadsheet and repeat steps 4-8 to upload the users into SafeZone
Send Invitation and Reminder Emails
By default, pre-registered users are not sent the invitation or reminder emails to register for SafeZone. The emails that are sent out to users is generated from the Global Settings - Email Templates configuration page.
This feature uses the following classifications of users:
- New user - a new user is an email address that has been added into Command and has never been sent an invitation email. The email this user receives is generated from the "New account invitation" email template.
- Existing user - an existing user is an email address that has been added into Command and has been sent an invitation email previously. The email this user receives is generated from the "New account reminder" email template.
To send the invitation and reminder emails:
- Click on Send Invitation and Reminder Emails
By default, Invite new users is selected
- To invite new users, click on Send
- To send a reminder to existing users tick the check-box for Remind existing users (you can send invitations to new users, remind existing users or both)
- In the Days since last reminder field, you can specify which users receive a reminder email by entering in the number of days since they received their last reminder email (the minimum is 7)
- Click on Send to send the invitation and/or reminder emails.
The list of pre-registered users here behaves in the same way as the User List with the difference being that only pre-registered users are shown in the list. Clicking on a user's name allows you to edit a pre-registered user's details in the system.